Here is a tutorial for another possible Valentine's Day eye look, using pink and gold eyeshadow. This eyeshadow is really fun to do, especially if you want something vibrant! If you're not too fond of bright colours, you can try replacing the pinks with different shades of brown. I would recommend a nude, pale pink or clear glossy lip with this look as it's quite bright :)
The products that I've used are:
- Illamasqua Liquid Metal Palette 'Electrum'Steps...
- Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
- Maybelline Blush in 'Peachy Sweetie'
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette ‘Half Baked’
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Maybelline Eye Studio Quad (Now these shades are found in this product)
- Mac 266 small angle brush
- Urban Decay 24/7 Smoky eye pencil in 'Demolition'
- Eyelash/brow brush
- Eyelash curler
- Any general eyeshadow application brush
1. Prime the eyelids using Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
2. Take 'Electrum' from the Illamasqua Liquid Metal Palette and spread it across the inner two thirds of the eye (seeing that it's a cream shadow, you can use your finger or a sponge to apply it).
3. Use the fluffy end of the brush provided in the Naked 2 Palette, and press 'Half Baked' over the top of the gold to set it. Then Extend the powder to cover the outer corner.
4. Apply a deep shimmery pink colour (such as number 3 in the Maybelline Quad) to the outer corner and crease. Blend the pink into the middle, decreasing the pigmentation as you go so that the gold is still prominent.
5. Go over the crease and outer corner with a plum colour, as seen in number 4 of the Maybelline Quad.
6. Add a light pink (number 2 from the Maybelline Quad) above the crease and down towards the inner corner.
7. Add a pale shimmery pink (number 1 from the Maybelline Quad) to the browbone and inner corner as a highlight.
8. The first step for under the eye is to apply the plum colour on the outer half, and 'Electrum' on the inner half.
9. To blend the two, use the mac 266 brush to apply 'Half Baked' over the gold, and then use the plum colour over the outer two thirds.
10. Comb and curl your eyelashes.
11. Use a brown eye pencil to line the waterline, such as Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencil in 'Demolition'.
12. Apply two coats of volumising mascara and you're done!